Fed/State Employment Taxes Program
is a program for large employers and payroll companies to electronically file and pay both their federal and Illinois employment taxes. This includes returns and payments for state withholding and unemployment insurance. The program is open to software developers, transmitters, and payroll service providers who will act as "Reporting Agents" (companies that perform payroll services for other businesses). Withholding income taxpayers must use a payroll service provider
or develop their own software to participate in FSET. All participants must complete Form IL-8633-B
, Business Electronic Filing Enrollment. Once we have received your enrollment form, we will contact you regarding testing.
NOTE: Effective July 1, 2013, withholding income tax filers will have access to MyTax Illinois, IDOR’s new online return filing and account management system. Service through FSET will not be interrupted. See Informational Bulletin FY 2013-14 for more information.
Important Program Information
- IL-1370 - Federal State Employment Taxes Implementation Guide (FSET) (4.4 Schema Version for 2012)
- 4.4 Schema Version Examples - 501 Multi RA, 501 OL, 941 Multi RA, 941 RA W PMT
- IL-941- With XML Tag Names
- IL-8633-B - Business Electronic Filing Enrollment
- IL-8655 - Reporting Agent Electronic Services Authorization
- IL-1371-WIT - Federal State Employment Taxes Test Cases (FSET) (4.4 Schema Version for 2012)
- IL-1370 - Federal State Employment Taxes Implementation Guide (FSET) (1.5 Schema Version for 2011 and prior)
- IL-1371-WIT - Federal State Employment Taxes Test Cases (FSET)
Software developers and transmitters use their IRS EFIN/ETIN, and will be assigned logon ID numbers and passwords for communication via the IL Business Gateway. Reporting agents select a single electronic signature used to sign all returns and payment authorizations for their clients. Reporting agents must obtain Form IL-8655 from each client before acting on their behalf.
For questions regarding this program, please contact the Electronic
Commerce Division at 1 866 440-8680.