Illinois Department of Revenue

Building Materials Exemption Certification Information


Administrator or High Impact Business Representative

If you are a Zone Administrator or representative of a High Impact Business, you will need the following information to apply for certificates:

  • The PIN issued to you by the Department of Revenue;
  • Name, address, phone number, e-mail address and FEIN number or applicant ID of the construction contractor or other entity applying for a certificate;
  • Address or location of the qualifying Enterprise Zone, RERZ, or High Impact Business project;
  • The amount of the certificate applicant’s contract with the project owner.

Click here to apply for a new exemption certificate or manage your existing certificates.

Contractor or Other Entity seeking certificate

You must bring your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or an Applicant ID to your Zone Administrator or High Impact Business project manager to apply for an exemption certificate. If you do not have an FEIN, you may Secure an Applicant ID here, using your Social Security Number (SSN).

Answer Center
Quick Links
Information For
About IDOR